Fashions on The Field
MELBOURNE HOTEL FASHIONS ON THE FIELD
The Bundaberg Race Club hosts a public fashions on the field competition at five race meetings during the financial year.
The major sponsor of the fashions on the field is the Melbourne Hotel Bundaberg. Prizes include gift vouchers, alcohol, and Flower Box flower arrangements. Entrants must be 18+
Prizes will also be provided by The Place Hairdressing, The Shoe Fringe, Serenity Skin Spa, The Online Bag Lady, and Nailed to Perfection.
Everyone associated with Fashions on the Field on race day, including judging panel, are volunteers.
Entrants should always consider the seasonal guidelines when entering fashions on the field. Please note: leather and metal millinery are trans-seasonal. Further tips and tricks for abiding by the seasonal dress code can be found here
- Millinery base should be felt, fur, leather etc (no sinamay or straw millinery)
- Thicker fabrics and richer colours/tones (wool, leather, felt, satin, velvet, tweed etc.)
- Consider longer sleeves or cropped jackets or furs to cover shoulders in cooler months
- Closed-toe shoes or boots
- Gloves (can be carried in warmer weather)
- Lightweight fabrics
- Off shoulder dresses or blouses acceptable
- Millinery made from straw, sinamay, jinsin, silk abaca, raffia, crinoline etc.
- Open-toe or strappy heels, wedges, closed-toe shoes
- Gloves aren't compulsory (can be carried)
2020/21 events, themes, and categories TBC.